- Why don’t you walk? Not everywhere, but once a week you could walk or cycle to work or even use a form of public transport. This will not only help to keep you healthy but also help to reduce the massive emissions caused by transport. If your looking for a better alternative you could also invest in an electric car, as this is a very environmentally friendly option.
- Turn them off! Wherever possible try to save electricity, turn lights off, don’t leave your phone on charge over night, very small impacts on your lifestyle can have a huge effect on the environment.
- Reuse, reduce and recycle. Don’t waste materials that could have a better use elsewhere, try and recycle wherever possible, its a simple action, but if we all do it, it would have a huge effect.
- Try and have a greener supply of electricity, you could even simply invest in a solar panel, and this would help resupply electricity to the grid and therefore result in less fossil fuels being used, and a better world for everyone!
- Why don’t you get involved? You could do anything from a sponsored run to a battle of the bands, anything you can do will help us battle against climate change and to stop the drastic effects it is having and will continue to have.
If you don’t know what you want to do but you would like to get involved, visit http://www.cafod.org.uk/Fundraise/A-Z-of-fundraising-ideas
Please feel free to share what you are doing in order to help, for example Richard grows his own herbs etc. The more you do even small things the better!
Thanks. Be a climate hero!